Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Disable email sounds ONLY

I'm a new user with the BB and so far I love it!  I have a question though.  I there any way to disable the email new message sounds ONLY.  I would still like to receive sounds when receiving a call or SMS message.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Disable email sounds ONLY

If you go into your Profiles icon can you scroll down to Advanced. In the next screen just click on the "Active" profile. In this screen you can change the "Messages[email account name]" settings (the Out of Holster and/or In Holster) to None
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick response!  I do not see a profiles icon?

Thanks,

RJ

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

[ Edited ]

Ah yes. I forgot the newer devices are setup differently. Try looking in your Sounds icon. From there you can change your ringtones and alerts.

On the follwowing page you can find a user guide that goes into detailed steps about profiles

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=1&category=BlackBerry+Smartphones&...

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 07-16-2009 10:35 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

I have changed the sound profiles in all three of my email accounts so that the Volume is on Silent, yet I still get a ring tone whenever emails are downloaded. Is this a bug, or is there something else I can try?

New Contributor

Schiff1..

This worked for me.  Here are my settings for the custom profile...

Messages - Email

Ring Tone: BBPro_Sanguine

Volume: Silent

LED: Normal Setting

Vibration: Normal Setting

Notify me during calls: No

This works for me.  I never receive a sound message alert when i receive email.  If I want to, I just use one of the default profiles.  Hope this helps...

Thanks to all who have posted on this post.  Your suggestions have help dramatically.

Thanks,

RJ