Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Disables Bluetooth spontaneously

I am on my second 8130 Pearl (Verizon Wireless, Bluetooth 1.1 software) with the same problem. The phone spontaneously disables Bluetooth on occasion, and won't let me re-enable it by the usual methods, until I remove and reinstall the battery. I have tried pairing 3 different Bluetooth headsets and the problem occurs with all of them... so It is a phone problem. I've seen others complaining about this on cell phone blogs. Is there a solution? Thanks!
Highlighted
Developer

Re: Disables Bluetooth spontaneously

Is the battery empty when the bluetooth disables?

Does it disconnect the bluetooth device or is it completly disabled and you have to switch it on again through Manage Connections -> Bluetooth? 

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

I have also recently purchased a 8130 pearl and my bluetooth continues to spontaneously drop. One time it would not enable but after I took out the battery, the phone was able to enable the bluetooth features. The bluetooth feature is not dropped during a call but when it is not in use, it will drop within minutes. Does anyone know to fix this?

New Contributor

The battery has plenty of charge when this happens. When it occurs, it is completely disabled. It is impossible to re-enable Bluetooth by any other means than actually removing and reinstalling the battery. Thanks for the help...
New Contributor

The 8330 does this as well. It can be corrected a few times by using the menus but eventually you must take out the battery and put it back in... then it is ok for a day (maybe?) then it starts to drop bluetooth randomly, more and more often until you get angry enough to take out the battery and put it back in... again.

There has got to be a revised firmware that will fix this? 

My Device: 8130

I recently started having this problem with my phone (8310 - Verizon).  I did a quick search online and here is what I came up with.

For some reason, this problem stops if you have the BT LED indicator turned on (I started noticing the problem since I disabled the LED indicator).  However, I am not sure if anyone made the same observation.

Also I noticed that it is disabled when it is connected to a device.  My BB is sitting on my desk with no BT devices in range and BT is still active. 

Just thought I would share.

+ak
New Contributor

I too have turned off the stupid flashing LED... it reflects off the back glass in my truck, flickers in the rear view mirror, and makes me think the law is pulling me over.

I will try leaving the LED on for a week and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for the post.