Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Disabling Internet on Blackberry Bold 9700

I know this might sound weird, but... I realize that I am addicted to the internet and spend too much time on it, and want to purposefully restrict myself by NOT being able to access the internet at all on my Blackberry Bold 9700.

I don't have a data plan, but I log onto my landlord's WiFi using the password he gave me. Therefore, I have internet access through WiFi, but I would like to either get rid of that ability altogether, or find a way to password-protect the browsers (the regular browser and Opera).

Can someone please help?

BTW, I would've considered having the WiFi password changed, and have ONLY my wife know what it is, but the problem is that Windows 7 has a security problem where you can show the WiFi password as text, so it would be all too easy to get the password and get onto WiFi on my Blackberry, which I do NOT want to do.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Nothing

Re: Disabling Internet on Blackberry Bold 9700

In the settings of your wireless router, you can specify only the devices that allow the connection, and reject the rest, even if they know the password.
If it pleases you my help, please give me a Like! Smiley Wink