Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Disappearing Calendar

Hi all,

I activated my new Bold about 6 weeks ago. 1st June? I think.

No problems so far.

Today I spent about an hour planning my month on Outlook Calendar on my laptop.

I synced my BB Bold handset thereafter (which I've done successfully 100x before by now).

Message came up "sync complete".

When I looked at my laptop, all the entries that I had loaded into Outlook Calendar have gone. Completely gone. My entire Outlook Calendar history.

However, where Outlook Calendar history has been wiped, it has been preserved on my Blackberry.

Secondly, the new entries have not transferred from Outlook Calendar (that I did today) to the Bold handset. The new entries have simply vanished from Outlook Calendar.

So, I did tried to sync again. Nothing from the Bold will repopulate Outlook - and vice versa. The history of Outlook Calendar is staying on the Bold and not moving to Outlook. And all the new work from Outlook Calendar is gone and is neither on the BB Bold handset as well.

I surfed the forum for answers. I saw a "go to BB Bold handset calendar and menu then 'General Options' and change the 'delete old calendar dates option from 60days to forever in order to preserve the your history'". I have done this, tried to resync and nothing has changed.

Under my preferences, I have kept the factory default settings. That is: the sync goes both ways. Both BB Bold handset and Outlook Calendar share new entries. Information goes backwards and forwards. And no-one wins: not the handset nor the Outlook Calendar. All clashes and potential deletions are flagged up to be for final decision.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Let me know,

Cheers,

Graeme

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Disappearing Calendar

Hello graeme0309,

I have a "sync-ing" suspicion that your default calendar for synchronization has changed to something other than what you would like to synchronize with.  Also, usually deleted calendar appointments in Outlook are actually moved to the deleted items folder and can be retrieved from there.

First off, I would check in the calendar on your device to see which calendar your entries are saved in.  If you have any email accounts associated with your device, when you open any given calendar appointment you should see "send using" at the top of the appointment. If you check a few of your calendar appointments you'll probably see that most if not all of your appointments will have the same "send using" entry. This is the "name" of the calendar that your entries exist in on the device. 

Next, on the device go to options > advanced options > default services and check to see what you have listed for Calendar (cical) and make sure that it matches the calendar that you have your entries in. After you have done this, make sure you have restored the calendar appointments that you can from your deleted items in Outlook and try to synchronize again.  

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!