Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Disappearing emails

Hi all,

I've had my Bold 9900 for a cpl of weeks now and love it, apart from the fact I keep loosing emails.

There seems to be no pattern to it.  I have two email accounts setup on the device, and from both messages are randomly disappearing.  Sometimes once they are opened, and sometimes unopended and after only a few minutes of coming in. Other messages, from or to the same people are there for ever.  It's happening with both sent and received too. 

What's happening?  What can I do stop this?

Thanks!

Nick

New Contributor
My Device: Bold9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Disappearing emails

I have the same problem on my 9790, very, very annoying.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi and Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First on your device please check Keep Message Option ,and make sure that you have set to Maximum or Forever .To change this option on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 to BlackBerry 7.1, complete the following steps  : 

1. On the BlackBerry smartphone, open the Messages application.
  2. Click on the BlackBerry button to view the menu list.
  3. Choose Options from the list.
  4. Choose Message Display and Actions.
  5. Change the value of  Days to keep messages to your desired number of days

If you have already set it maximum and still messages are disappearing or get deleted than you might have to check your device memory, if our device undergo low memory , in that situation our old message will be deleted automatically to free up some free space.Check those Knowledge Base regarding this and see if that help :

KB14213  :Call logs, SMS text messages , and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry Smartphone

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

60 days it is set to and loads of memory left so unfortunately, neither was of any help.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks Prince!

Mine is set to keep messages for 30 days and has lots of memory available, but I'll try you suggestions......

Since I first posted I've been trying to monitor when, and why the messages disappear.  It seems to coincide with me logging on to each account at a computer.  If I log on but leave the emails unopened in my computer's inbox they will disappear from my BB.  Does this make sense?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Can-AmNick wrote:

Thanks Prince!

Mine is set to keep messages for 30 days and has lots of memory available, but I'll try you suggestions......

Since I first posted I've been trying to monitor when, and why the messages disappear.  It seems to coincide with me logging on to each account at a computer.  If I log on but leave the emails unopened in my computer's inbox they will disappear from my BB.  Does this make sense?

Hi Can-AmNick

If it is then On message Option set it to Forever , In addition Disable Wireless Reconciliation for that affected email account ,to do that : 

1. From the home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Messages > Menu key > Options > Email Reconciliation
  2. From the Message Services drop down, select the desired email account
  3. Remove the Uncheck next to Wireless Reconcile
  4. Click Menu key > Save > Ok

Keep this setting and see if that help in resolving your issue.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.