Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 1010

Disappointing in z10 q10

I am super loyal bb fans...i wait and wait for a new product here in hong kong. Z10 is basically a smart phone.  now q 10, same thing, the design just same as bold , tiny screen. I am using curve at the moment, please tell me why should i change the new modle. On top of that, the email is not as good as before. The z10 and q10 is no longer receive email through the bb server.

The best o the best of bb is the Email fuction. And now the provider or carrier 1010 is telling me no loner recive big file. What is te point that if i buy a new model. My curve is 2years and start not functioning properly. Freeze screen...

there is no carrier and provider is supportig bb now. basially, they were telling me, the only good thing for the new modle is better carama.. And separate the screen for biz and home. A true busines women like me cant really see the big deal. 

I turly believe that nowadays most of the people  is not as quick as before when it coms to reply email. When most of the businssmen had bb, they response in email so quickly. Got no excuse not to repsonse email. 

I really hope that bb really design a new true bb for the loyal supporters. I dont want to use iphone or samsung which is not a phone for bb users at all.

Please rethink the marketing strategy before your company is losing all the bb user.

Loyal customer

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Disappointing in z10 q10

Do you have a friend here named Ullstein ?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Nope

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Yes the Z10 and the Q10 operate differently than previous generation BBs, BUT don't forget this is a brand new OS and it's going to take time to get it fully optimized.  BB is listening to our critism and they ARE making updates.  10.1 is much better than 10.0 and 10.2 will bring still more improvement.

BB may well bring back the features you are looking for, just have a little faith.  Smiley Happy

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy

NHOY wrote:

Nope

Methinks you're pulling my leg.

You both have the EXACT same habit of talking about "iPhone and Samsung".

Don't try to fool a fooler!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Are you joking me? I am so fed up abt everyone ask me change bb. I am still with bb. In hkg, people are crazy abt that 2 brands. i was rushing down to the shop to try q10 yesterday. I talked to the salesman and said “do you guys really have no ideas what is bb best for?” at the end who said, we still have bold 9900, you can change that one. It was killing me. Turst me ,you dont know once we got use to bb. We dont want to go back. Also, bb is represent our status. i rememebred the 1st time when i had my first bb. 

Please get us a cool and fatastic bb. we are craving for our dream bb. 

True fans !

True fans!

Then use the Q10 and see what a fantastic device it is!

You will love it. True fans would do this.

Knowledge Base Updates

See my reply....gueniuely bb fan....
Contributor
My Device: Developer

Being a German, I find it rather disappointing that the Q10 does not provide additional keys for umlaut characters.

Nokia keyboard mobile phones do provide umlaut character keys.

Without them it's very cumbersome to write wishes or subjunctive sentenses. So this is a No Buy for me.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Emtel - Mauritius

Hi,

i've had my BBerry Z10 for 2 days and cant feel anything except a very big dissapointment... ;-(((

I've been using the BBerry for 6 years now and started with the curve and then the bold 9780. And for the first time i'm thinking of moving on iphone/nokia/samsung.

Everything on the phone takes too much time to do... a simple send a text to a person from the caller list takes 4 taps at least as compared to the bold 9780 on which just clicking on the number called/missed/received allowed you to contact quickly the person via sms, email or call back.

and the list goes on and on....

1 Cannot modify the Z10 profile - only default profiles are available and cant modify them to add an exception when in silent mode for specific contacts (important for notification for children contacting us during meeting)
2. Cannot assign a ringtone for sms for specific contact. Only ringtone for email can be assigned
3. Cannot select a part of a message for copy. Only full selection of text is available or one must press veryyyy long on the text...
3. No direct way by clicking on the contact in the call menu to have a pop up that enables you to contact the caller by email or sms - must click on view contact, then go on contact then select the option - Wayyy too long!!
4. No possibility to hide a file or picture by going on the property and select 'Hide file' - Way annoying
5. No way when trying to select a ringtone to listen to it shorty and stop it to go on the next one. no sound. We must go on the player and lister to it and even there, to stop the music you must click left, and stop it on the player - Way too long.
6. Cannot personalize the lock screen in order not to display calendar items except by marking it private.But i dont want to see it at all!!!

I'm not sure what i will find while browsing more..... after having used the previous version of BlackBerry... i am so dissapointed with the results today... i really expected new features instead of having so many features removed.

I am upgading the OS to 10.1 but not really optimistic on what it will hold....