Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK
Accepted Solution

Disconnecting Via USB

Dear BlackBerry Desktop Software Support

I have just come across a problem that has just started while my phone is connected to this PC am writing you by.

In the last hour, my phone has been disconnected over 10 times and I cannot see why it is doing this.

The connectors are stable but every so often the phone disconnectes and reconnects itself.

I have brought this phone to my provider 4 times this year, to have the connector changed but the phones is always sent back with the same corroding connector and they will not change it unless I can no-longer get a connection from any charger, whether mains connection or from my laptop

I had updated the lastest BlackBerry Desktop Manager to the Version 7.1.0.37 which has been working fine till today.

Is there any direction I could get concerning this problem, please.

Yours Sincerely

JTV 

JTValerie
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Disconnecting Via USB

Hi there,

This sounds like a hardware issue with a faulty connector. I'm not sure why your carrier did not want to deal with it before, but contact them again. As long as your phone is still under warranty, they need to handle the repair, as long as it is due to no fault of your own. If your carrier refuses to deal with the problem and the device is still under warranty, you can try to contact RIM directly using the information provided in the following link:

http://uk.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.html

I hope this info helps and that your carrier finally fixes the issue for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It is imperative that your carrier handle the support. If you contact RIM directly it costs $50. Support is free through your carrier. If they don't want to help, then you need to speak to someone else until they will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

Dear Krypto

I have put the usb connector in another spot but I will keep you posted on it's progress in the next hour or so.

I do use my phone for my internet connection on my laptop being that my provider is 3UK (Three.co.uk) and they allow tethering with no extra cost, so I do use my blackberry often.

I'll let you know soon Smiley Wink

JTValerie
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Make sure the computer is not powering off the USB port in order to save power:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6818080_turn-port_s-power-save-option.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

Dear J Clark

Am not sure what you mean by, powering off the USB port, is that, using the phone to power the PC

That would never work I would of thought, but I am and always have powered the phone, (charged) by my PC.

Please explain a little more for me JC

JTValerie
Guru II

You need to turn off the power saving on the USB ports on your computer. Sometimes the computer will power off the USB port in order to save power. You don't want this to occur so you need to follow the instructions I posted and make sure that power saving option is disabled.

Did you read the info at the link I posted

Super Contributor

Dear Krypto

I do think it must of been the connector that is at fault on the PC, though I know that the connector on the phone still needs changing, as I can see those battery corrsion tell tail signs round about it.

I would have never thought it to be my connector as my PC has treated so good this passed year.

Thank You

And Have a Very HAPPY NEW YEAR and a Prosperous One

JTValerie
Super Contributor

Dear JC

Thank You for your directions and I hope you have a Wonderful HAPPY NEW YEAR and a Prosperous One 

JTValerie
Super Contributor

Dear Krypto

This incident link you gave me is a fantastic link for all BlackBerry clients, I have never been able to fine a link like this and would gladly pay for the needs of support from BlackBerry, this is tremendous.

I will be going for and upgrade soon maybe in the week, though it may not be a BB this time, but the BB I have will be kepted and Cherished.

I would like my BB to be able to video chat, I do hope that will soon come to BB here in the UK as I haven't heard of this feature as yet and I thought it might have been with my phone, concidering for it's time as the top of the range BB

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

JTV

JTValerie