Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Beeline

Disgusted after sales service and consumer service

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Being sent on a business trip from France to Russia (to Bratsk) and having problems with my PC, I made a decision to purchase a smartphone Blackberry in order to be able to work on my emails and to be able to use a BBM with my colleagues for business conversations.

The official partner of Blackberry in Russia is Beeline. Before choosing the phone, I have informed the vendor about the options I need. He has recommended me a BB Torch 9800.

The same evening, having my new BB in my hand in the hotel room, I have discovered that Wi-Fi is not available for BB. This option didn´t simply exist in the phone!!!

Next morning I went back to the shop and wanted to return the phone and get my money back. No chance!

I was refused and another vendor gave me very long explanation saying:  I can use Wi-Fi only if I get the software updated via Inet.  That Wi-Fi option is blocked because of request of Federal Security Department, as BB’s server is based in Canada…that it is out of their control etc… that the customer service for BB doesn’t even exist in Russia. Finally, IwasadvisedtouseinternetprovidedbyBeeline (notforfreeofcourse) andthediscussionwasover.

It was very "kind" of him to give me all this information I did't really need after he received my money.

The software was updated after several trials, but the access to I-net is still limited, and BBM is forbidden for use in Russia no matter what.

After second unsuccessful attempt to return or change the phone I’ve contacted the Federal service for protection of consumers' rights. According to their answer, I have to PROVE the lack of information or the fact of wrong information given to me by vendor! Seems to be impossible, as normal and trustful consumer I don’t have a recorder in my pocket while shopping.

I feel that the aftersales/consumer service needs serious attention and I will not purchase another BB again.

I feel abused, deceived and deluded by Beeline, as well as by BB, choosing such a crook as a partner...

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.