Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Display Message Count problem

Hi. I also noticed that after i updated my software whenever I receive a message, the display message indicator at home doesn't indicate the total number of text message i receive but rather it displays the number of contacts who sent me messages. like for example contact A sent me 2 messages. It will only appear as 1 and not 2. how do i solve this problem? Do you experience the same?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Display Message Count problem

Are you using Gmail?

Are you saying that if you receive 10 new messages (emails? or SMS>) BUT the messages are from only two contacts, the device will display a "2"?

Since the SMS is threaded conversations now, i assume that you will only see the number of new conversations, rather than SMS messages sent to you, Is that what you are seeing?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Sorry, by text messages i meant SMS. Yes i only see the number of new conversations, i dont see the number of sms received. Is there anyway i could revert back and see how many new sms i receive? because its more important for me to see that i have a lot of messages to read rather than knowing i have a new conversation. 

also, i was wondering about the led blinking red whenever there's a new sms. does that blink until you read the sms or will it stop after a while? 

thanks!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can't change the message counter. Users begged and screamed for the threaded SMS conversational style for years, now it has been implemented.

Your LED blinking red will go off after about 15 minutes after receiving the last mail or message notification.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

I see, thanks!Smiley Happy is there a way to revert back? like get back to the previous software i had?