Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Display name of emails sent using Hotmail is funky!

I just got a new BB 9900 and have set up the email accounts I use however when I send an email from the BB using my Hotmail account the display name shows the email address not my name ( so whoever receives it will see it coming from
myemail@hotmail.com and not my name as it would show If I send it from online). I’ve tried everything and it keeps happening. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I've tried removing and adding the account. Removing battery, changing account name but no luck. Any recommendations? 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Display name of emails sent using Hotmail is funky!

[ Edited ]

(Misread the post....nothing to see here.)

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Display name of emails sent using Hotmail is funky!

If you go to Setup on your homescreen then select Email Accounts and select the one in question, I believe from there you press your  menu key and select Edit (it's been a long time since I've used a pre-BB10 phone so my memory might be a bit wonky). Display Name should be shown and that's where you would put in the desired name.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.