Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Display "sent" date and time, not "received"

The Problem:

When I've had my BB 8830 off for a while (e.g. on a flight) or been out of coverage, messages pile up on the server. When I get back online, it retrieves them all (I'm primarily concerned with e-mail via BIS) and they all have the date & time that my BlackBerry came back online. Furthermore the chronological order is not preserved, (esp. with multiple e-mail accounts). This makes it really hard to scan my inbox and understand what I have missed and when. Having 20 messages displayed all with the exact same date and time is ridiculous.

The Question:

Can I have my inbox show either the "sent" date and time or (even better) the data and time it was received by my e-mail server? Would it be different with BES?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Display "sent" date and time, not "received"

it only shows the date and time when message got on device, this is by design. You can check your BIS messages from individual icons for your BIS email accounts.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Display "sent" date and time, not "received"

Thanks for the answer.

It is too bad that I have to dig into each message to deduce the chronology of a whole bunch of messages. (Perhaps someone will consider an option to choose the date/time displayed for a future version of the BB software!)

--Ian