Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Do NOT want an SMS for voicemail notification

How do I stop my curve from alerting me via SMS everytime I get a voicemail? I already get the little person icon, that is enough for me. I want to turn off the voicemail SMS notification so I only get normal SMS messages. How do I do this?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Do NOT want an SMS for voicemail notification

Please click on your call log icon and press the menu key and select options. Then select call logging. Set this option to none. Please let me know if this helps as I am not sure if this is the solution but I figured it's worth a try.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

Lorrie,

I did this a long time ago, but this only stops missed call SMS messages, not voicemail notifications. Thanks anyway though. Can anyone else help??

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Which carrier do you have? Try calling into your voicemail and going into it's options to see if there is a "expert mode" or "fast mode" that you can disable
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.

I would also like to solve this.  I tried the suggestion through my voice mail and it took off BOTH the "message waiting indicator" little tape icon in the tray AND also the SMS messages.  I just want to get rid of the SMS messages.  I'll look around for more places where this might be answered.

New Contributor

Mary,

Thank you, please let me know.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Check out this link to see if you have these options when you call into your voicemail: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/turn-off-sms-notification-voicemail-messages-43077/
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.