Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD / Q10
My Carrier: BOUYGUES TELECOM / FR

Do never change your Bold for a Q10

Hello guys

`

I'm a huge blackberry addict.

I can not work is any other mobile device.

I'm using it since the begining of RIM

When the Apple iphone 3G came across i tested it during 2-3 months, and i came back on a blackberry

I'm using the BOLD since years now and yesterday i decided to buy the new blackberry Q10

I'm so desesperate.... Why did they remove the pad ???

This is so stupid .... The pad helped us to select mails, move easly and faster. The pad and the keybord was the only reasons to stay with a blackberry. And now they removed one of them ....

If we now need to move around folders and mails and stuffs with our finger with a tactil screen, it will be better to have an iPhone

Did you try to delete a mail ? It took maybe 5x or 6 times longer than a blackberry bold

Before, i was able to select all the mails in maybe 5 seconds

This is a message to you, Blackberry engineers, please .... give us back the Pad.

Now i'm **bleep**ed i have to sell it on ebay to buy an old Bold

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Do never change your Bold for a Q10

I agree. I also like the Q10, but I HATE that they removed the pad and the return button and in fact all the 4 buttons + pad. If I wanted something that looks like iPhone, I would buy an iPhone. On Q10 however I like the keyboard is a bit bigger and much easier to type. Also I charge my Bold 9790 twice a day, while Q10 lasts for 2 days I was told.

However what I HATE about BlackBerry is in the rush to save the company and promote BB10, they abandoned OS7, so now no Skype for my Bold 9790 and no normal Youtube player (for some reason when playing youtube videos in both the official app or another app, after few plays the video starts skipping). Ruins a bit my user experience. Phone is great but nowadays everybody uses Youtube and Skype and if you don't have it you miss alot.

For now I plan to keep my Bold 9790 and see what the next keyboard BlackBerry would be. I am not fully impressed with Q10 and I don't like Q5. I will NEVER buy Z10 because I want a keyboard.

Let's see.