05-19-2010 03:01 AM
The BlackBerry Desktop software (current version 501) is of no use and have cost me and many colleagues so much time and nerves that I have asked the shop where I have bought the BlackBerry 9700 (which is of good use) to warn other customers to install this.
- Windows XP startup is delayed up to 100% (6 min instead of 3, measured several times)
- TT fonts stop to work properly (i.e. Times New Roman Bold) - you can't read them anymore!
Regarding these two problems - they vanish as soon as the program is de-installed.
- During installation, one have to chose between individual or enterprise email - I don't want this program to mess with my email at all!
- The program sometimes needs several minutes before it can be used (perhaps due to unwanted searches for connection, see above).
- Installation/Deinstallation of BB SW (alx):
+ Installed SW is listed - but cannot be de-installed (button is deactivated, last example: Langenscheidt dictionary demo)
+ During an installation process, each and every step is started with the password request (I stopped counting after the 3rd time).
Question: Did BB EVER test this?
05-22-2010 08:24 AM
Which version of Desktop Manager software did you install?
My experience with the delayed XP startup has led to it being Roxio Media Creator. If I installed it on my computer, I've had to take it out of "msconfig" to allow startup to be "normal". If I don't install the media creator on the computer, it starts up as usual.