Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Does Playbook support Drop Box

I'm taking a final stab at keep the Playbook as I'm not keen on returning it and starting all over with another product. A couple ipad users ion my office suggested using Dropbox for my files. Has anyone had any luck using this with the playbook?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Does Playbook support Drop Box

I used yesterday via web and work good! Especially for downloads didn't do uploads. There is an app call blue box for playbook in the appworld but i will say is a beta beta kind!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

If you're a Dropbox subscriber, vote for Playbook support here:

https://www.dropbox.com/votebox/4753/blackberry-playbook-native-version

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I voted, thanks for the link.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Bell

i voted for the PLaybook app to be added. KInda sitting on the fence though. Not sure if I wait or go to an ipad though. Still frustrating as you know what. The functionality of the Playbook is lacking until features get figured out
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Note that, given that the PlayBook has a real browser and filesystem, you can simply use the web interface for Dropbox to accomplish many things. As an interim measure, anyway...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: No Carrier

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link to the vote Quila467...I voted as well...

Trusted Contributor

The browser interface is fine when you have an active internet connection.  I need the files in the Dropbox folder to syncronize when there is an activate connection and be available to me when I don't have a connection, so the browser method doesn't really work.  It's an interim measure, but not a very practical one in the long run.

And the Playbook won't actually have a real file system until it supports folders.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Quila467 wrote:
And the Playbook won't actually have a real file system until it supports folders.

The word "support" is pretty ambiguous, but the PlayBook does allow an app to create new folders, and files can be stored in folders. 

Are you saying that things like the Picture Viewer don't even support folders yet?  As you can see from my signature, I'm a dev who hasn't received the free tablet yet, so I don't have one to test with...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Trusted Contributor

You can create folders on the Playbook, but none of the apps display the folders.  Instead, they display a long alphabetical list of all of the files.  In my case, I have several files that have the same file name but are stored in different directories.  When I go to open a file in the Adobe app, it lists all of the files without any reference to what directory they're in.