Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Noidea

Does anyone know what these two home screen indicators mean?

Hi, recently two home screen indicators I haven't seen before showed up, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they mean and how to get rid of them.

One is two blue semicircles pushed together with the red star in the corner, and the other is a blue box with a man in the corner. I have included a picture to try and make it cleaer, but the quality isn't the best, for which I apologise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Does anyone know what these two home screen indicators mean?

More than likely, those are from apps that have been recently installed. They don't look like stock BlackBerry icons to me. They might be from apps that came as part of an OS update from your carrier. Many times, carriers will tack on some extra apps to the update before releasing it. Calling Noidea and asking if this is the case would be a good place to start.

I hope my suggestions have helped you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.