Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Does the 8310 display full postal addresses?

Hello, I have just synchronized my blackberry 8310 with the desktop manager. It has imported all of my contacts onto my phone however, I can not get the phone to display the entire postal address for my contact....it will only display the city and postcode. Is there a way to change the settings to display this?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Does the 8310 display full postal addresses?

Can you provide more information? I don't see the full address information for contacts unless I view the contact individually. How exactly are you viewing the postal address?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi...when I go to 'contacts', then select an individual contact the screen will then display the individual's email address, hm and mob number and then 'Home Address' which only displays the last line of the home address ie City and Postcode. If I try to highlight the address it will come up with a menu which offers Edit, Delete, Call Home, Call Mobile etc but I cannot find the full address anywhere. Even when I go into the edit menu the full address isn't there to edit....although it is definitely stored in Outlook Express on my computer.

Any ideas??? I am stumped, I can not believe that Blackberry does not have this feature....it's got to be my stupidity!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

did you try to fill in the address manually ?
I have many fields for the Home address :
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City
- State/Prov.
- Zip/Postal Code
- Country

if it works that way, it means you have to set up the synchronization betweeb your WAB (Windows Address Book) and the Blackberry. There's a screen in your Blackberry Desktop Manager to tell which field in the WAB goes to which field in the Blackberry contact.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: