Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8300

Does the Curve automatically change time zones when traveling?

I travel a lot and I would love to be able to count on my phone operating in the time zone where I'm working when I change zones, is this possible?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Does the Curve automatically change time zones when traveling?

No, the BlackBerry does not automatically change time zones. You have to change it manually.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Every single cell phone that I have used in the past would automatically change the time when ever I travelled accross time zones. I just can't fathom why Blackberry had to have a time zone setting, especially when one can set the time to be taken from the cell phone service provider.

Is there a way to disable the time zone feature in the blackberry? Without this feature, time setting by provider is meaningless.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Try options- date/time - date/time source off.

Let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

thanks for the suggestion.

I have made the change and will be travelling to the East Coast tomorrow. Will reportSmiley Happy

New Contributor

IS this actually true??????   The blackberry CANNOT automatically update the display time???? 

This has got to be the most rediculous NON function I've ever seen.   The BB is basically a $600 hand-held computer that is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for business use, appointments, alarms etc.    AND IT CANT UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY??

I just can't believe this.  EVERY single phone I've had since digital has ALWAYS updated the time according to the network.

So now...everytime I travell to a different time zone and I have all these appointments and alarms set they're totally useless unless I manually update my time???

Is RIM on crack??? was this not thought up by the geniuses at the R&D stage?   Tell me this isn't the case.   My wife's piece of crap phone keeps the time up to the second according to whatever the network time is...automatically..by itself.But NOOOooooo not my mega-expensive, mega-business application "SMART" phone (what an oxy-moron THAT is!!)

??????????????????????????????????

New Contributor

Have the time adjusted to the network and that will fix you problem

Jim

New Contributor

Thats what my phone IS set to...but that still wont work.  The phone will not update the display time unless I go into OPTIONS....DATE/TIME...and click on UPDATE.  

Still has to be done manually.  The BB will not do it automatically, unlike every other phone I've ever owned

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

I also have an interesting situation.  My phone consistently 'loses' one hour.  It doesn't matter if the date / time setting is on 'Network', 'Blackberry' or 'Off'.  The Network time is alway correct, it's just the actual display time is always wrong!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

now when you do go manually change it, how does your calendar look? did it change too or did it now fall by an hour?