Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Don't ever buy a BB 9700 !

It seems to me that the carriers are screwing over their customers a bit. Most replacements I've heard about have been refurbished rather than a fresh product (have the read the story about the DoD apps on a replacement phone? I got chuckles...). You might want to talk to some administration. Personally, my carrier (Rogers Canada) has provided me with a perfectly functioning phone and excellent customer service on the few occassions that I required it.

On a side note, I know all about the headset issue, with the one muted ear. Try lining up the headset's connector end so that it's parallel with the phone. They seem to have a very specific input structure which causes a short when they are misaligned.

Good luck to all,

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Att

Sorry to hear that! I had an issue with the headphone jack not switching over when its plugged in. I just unplugged and replugged it in and it works.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I hated my phone too... I returned 2 of them and went for a 3rd try and that unit failed as well. I recently updated the OS - 5.0.0.545 - and it's working like a charm. No more random reboots, seamless transition from WiFi to the mobile network, to 3G... I mean: it's working flawlessly. I'm just waiting for RIM to come up with the original Bold design.. BTW: I even picked up more memory! After eliminating some apps that I don't use, I have a 121MB of free space!  Try updating your OS and see what happens.

Just in Case you want to find the link: 

"WOW this is the second BlackBerry Bold 9700 OS leak in 5 days. The latest is OS 5.0.0.545 brought to us by a kind member of the CrackBerry Forums. There are some rumblings about this being a “Gold Release” but leaked OS caveats still apply.

Download @ Hotfile

NOTE: Do not install this software if you do not know what you are doing. It may make your BlackBerry FUBAR or just plain angry. If you do not know how to upgrade your BlackBerry OS please start by reading this great step by step guide that Luis wrote up."

I believe that the ".442" is an official release from RIM, so check it out and good luck!

My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your bold. i just got mine as an upgrade from the 8320 curve and i LOVE it.. no complaints so far and so far it's sooooooooooo much faster and better performing than the curve ever was.

hope your issues get resolved.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: starhub

I fully agreed with you.

My 9700 suddenly cant detect the external Micro SD card.

Went to Starhub, Starhub wanted SGD 438 for a one-to-one replacement.

Went to blackberry Service Centre in Leng kee road - they also want SGD 438 one-to-one replacement.

Ironically, Starhub invited me to extend my BB plan and offered SGD 100 off the new 9900 and I could pay SGd 298 for a new 9900.

So, what will you do ?

Pay SGD 438 or SGD 298 ?