Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Don't want SMS text message alert for voice mail

Ah, good update. I didn't think Verizon charged for their own sent messages.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Not Specified

This is where I ended up. VZW suggested I ditch voicemail, pay for visual voicemail or hide the text icon and turn off the notifier. Since all of those suggestions are idiotic I suggested he pretend this is a consumer-driven market and that taking the problem upstairs works better than telling that I have to live with someone's bad idea. I've had the MWI turned off - we'll see.

Thank you for your reply.  My name is Dennis.  As you know the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) provides a message notification as well as a free text message to alert you of a new voicemail.  We can turn off the MWI completely which will stop the free SMS notification.  However, we cannot turn off the SMS portion only since it is built into the MWI.  If you would like to remove the MWI feature, please reply to this e-mail.

I appreciate your time and allowing me to assist you with the Message Waiting Indicator. I do hope the information that I provided you with is useful. Please reply to me or call Customer Service at 800-922-0204, if you have additional questions. Thank you for your time and being the most important part of Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Dennis

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

My Device: Not Specified

Hi there Im new on this site but I think I can help. I have a black berry pearl and I have the same thing happening to me. So I called my cell company (which is bell) and she told me its a new feature that actually helps you save money. She told me that people with say unlimited texting or that have prepaid texting can read there voice mail instead of calling there voice mail. I guess if you call your voice mail during the day and say your free minutes start time is say 6pm -7am. So if you call to check your voice mail during the day you get charged for airtime and if you read your voicemail throught texting you wont get charged and you just check your voice mail during your free start time Smiley Happy I hope this helps you Smiley Happy