Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Double(Triple??) key Input issue with 9780

"We are making a statement" says rim regarding the launch of 3 new phones at the same time! Ugh..no thanks! You've made a clear statement to me already. I ppaid full for this phone and soo many troubles from it..and nothing from riim til thhis day..
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

A statement that says I'm not feeling responsible for selling 90 grams of polluting **bleep**
New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

i also have the same problem my friends and afteer contacting bb customer service i noticed that they do not even know whether it is a software problem or hardware problem. now i started to think how ridiculous company rim is. they define and advertise bolds' keyboards as "legendary" but they do not even know that the keyboards they produce stutter!

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange Dominicana

This is not fare.

RIM is being so irresponsible about this issue.

48 pages of users who trust on RIM buying their phones and that's how they pay. Not a word.

I'll change to android, I will not spend 1 cent on BlackBerry. Not any more.

Good luck

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Believe that RIM knows what's going on with their products. It's just blatant disregard and lack of concern about consumers and quality that's the issue. There are more people than not that will put up with the poor quality of the blackberry, spend money on buying blackberries and replacement blackberries, and not make any noise about quality or RIM's ill-treatment of bb users. RIM counts on those greater numbers, revenue coming from those masses, and so they really don't have to respond to us few who do take notice and say something about their poor business ethic and non-existent customer service.

On another note- I very recently switched out my 9780. Aside from the stuttering keyboard problem, I was also experiencing massive dropped calls, two-way audio malfunctions, and speaker issues. I notified Tmobile and they sent me a replacement device the next day. Before backing up my data from the old device, then transferring it to the new, I decided to just try typing on the new device, straight out of the box. THERE WAS NO KEYBOARD STUTTER!!!!!

I decided not to do the desktop backup and transfer with the new device. Instead, I did a mobile backup of my contacts list and some of the applications, then switched my sim, sd card, and battery to the new device. The majority of my information was transferred from my old phone to the new one this way, and I have still not had one keyboard stutter issue. I know some phones come with the issue already, but in the event that you get a stutter-free phone, maybe try not doing the restore/transfer through the desktop manager. It could be that the stutter is transferred to new devices that way (????)

Anyway, I've had the new device almost a week, and still no stutter. Typing emails, responding to clients, setting up new business, typing in passwords- I can do all of these things now, quickly, and without wanting to hurl my phone against the wall.
Contributor
My Device: SGII
My Carrier: Rogers

Mine started that way too.

I gave my 9780 to my mom. She sends 1 or 2 text messages a day. Really reduces the odds of stuttering! hahaha.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

I have been in contact with Telus in Calgary, and they are starting to push it with BB. They have tried to contact RIM and they have not been returning emails or calls. So let's hope this pressure is working! I sent telus the link to this blog which's helps. If everyone could do the same, send this link to your carrier's customer service maybe it will help.
New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

the best thing to do is throwing it to trash because bb customer service really does not pay attention to our problems. really what an embarrasing situation for rim! 

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: MTS

As with thousands of people reporting the same issue I just want to add myself to this maddening keyboard stutter issue. I send numerous emails and bbms a day because of my work and this unit is driving me crazy. Only 5 months into my 3 year plan I am seriously looking at ditching this unit. RIM must come up with a decent fix or allow people to swap out these practically useless phones. This goes beyond mere coincidence that if RIM wants to keep loyal customers they must do something. I have tried everything short of  opening the unit up in trying to get a fix for this. My Curve 8330 ran 10 times better than this piece of junk.