Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: SGII
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Double(Triple??) key Input issue with 9780

[ Edited ]

I am using a Nokia N900 which runs Maemo 5. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab which runs a custom rom from the XDA dev forums.

There are plenty of open source choices for mobile devices now. Work is a breeze when your router, phone, tablet, server and computers run Linux.

I was thinking of getting a PS3 for Linux since they just price dropped!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: claro

Hi guys. I was having the double and very often triple key input, I didnt solve it but it has been reduced to a point it doesnt bother me that much. What i did was to turn down the key speed to the slowest and disable the check speller as i write

6.0 Paquete 863 (v6.0.0.285, Plataforma 6.5.0.54).

Its not perfect but it is quite an improvement. Hope it helps.
New Contributor
My Device: Gemini 8520
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Well I have pretty much given up on correcting the problem. The eraser trick worked for a short while but it came back. The only sure way to deal with it seems to be to use the older 9700 keypad membrane and I'm not ready to shell out any more money on a phone that cost an arm and leg to begin with.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: XL

Guys please update to latest OS .650 as many people are reporting stutter issue is gone after this upgrade. Please update and confirm here Smiley Happy Download Link - http://blackberryrocks.com/latest-blackberry-os/

WORKED FOR ME AND I'VE GONE THROUGH 5 MEMBRANE CHANGES AND IT KEPT COMING BACK THEN I UPGRADED TO .650 AND NOW IT'S BACK AS GOOD!! SO HAPPY OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA LOL
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: rogers

Nice. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm away from my pc at the mmmoment and havve. No. Way of backing upp my phhone.. But. Would like too do the upgrade if it does in fact resolve the isssue. As you can see imm in desparate need off a ssolution. I have a month left on the. Warranty and was planning to send it in this week. Thanks
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I updated.

I typed 4 sentences and no stutter... but as we know, this means nothing.

Mine is being used by mom, she types slow and sends less than 250 messages a month. With such little use the phone never stutters so I will not be able to give any feedback.

Going to switch (my entire family) to an Android device with a good camera in an attempt to consolidate as many devices as possible. Huge screen, built in SIP stack, video calling, kernel development, file system options, Linux chroot (run a desktop environment)... the options are endless. I have my Galaxy Tab syncing via SSH over the internet to my Linux desktop (ex. pictures, music/video library, documents, Firefox and passwords).

Contributor

husseinb

That's true, it does mean nothing in the long run but as of now for me it means a lot because I've been suffering with really bad stuttering for the past 5 months and constant membrane changes.

Let's just hope future upgrades are the same and the stuttering doesn't come back anymore because this phone does really does do everything for me minus all the stuttering. So this is my last chance for this phone lol
Contributor

discotech: I totally understand. I meant let's not get our hopes up, again.

I posted a link to the article I wrote on how to sync Android via SSH but it was removed by a mod.

Contributor

Yeah lol sneaky BB mods moderating our posts but don't do sh*t about stuttering keyboards. Cmon people.

On another note, I finally enjoy using my BlackBerry again. Let's hope this one sticks.
Contributor

There isn't even a single ad on the site I linked to, which makes it even more confusing. I am not about to sit here and argue about that...

The same applies to this problem. We got what we wanted, a solution, but it was very slow and frustrating. A single month of enjoyment from a $500 unlocked phone added to that frustration. Now it is fixed, but their new line up is out, and I still feel this phone was a rip off.

In conclusion, the solution is incomplete. A fair compromise could be to exchange our handsets for the current equivalent model. We get the phone we paid for (lose extra spent on unnecessary repairs) and RIM receives customer loyalty.