Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Double(Triple??) key Input issue with 9780

Typing from my 9780. Same issue here. I bought my 9780 from "The Mobile Store" which is an authorized blackberry deealer here in India. My carrier is Vodafone but I'm free to choose any carrier because this is an unlocked phone. Needless to say, this means that I paid a considerable premium for my phone. Waiting for an acknowledgement of the issue from RIM before I approach a service center here.Otherwise there will be a long wait to get my phone back and have a repeat of the issue!

Personallly, I'm inclined to think that this is a software issue. RRRIM (holy cow... 3 Rs?) makes excellent devices so I reallly doubt it's the hardware.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I think it's hardware, or at least somewhat related to hardware, because I've had the phone for a couple months now and it only started happening over the past couple weeks.  I haven't updated my OS at all since I got the phone.  It's also not happening to everyone.  I think if it were software-related it would be a much more widespread issue.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

I too have purchased from Sangeeta stores in Hyderabad, India. It's an unlocked phone and I'm free to choose my carrier.

I've been facing this problem of stuttering key board. I just hope RIM comes up with a fix to this problem ASAP.

Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5
My Carrier: TELUS

I still find it hard that RIM/BlackBerry has yet to do or even mention something about this. It's obviously a larger issue then I had originally thought. 

I'm starting to believe it's more of a hardware issue rather then a software issue. If it was software, I'm sure by now (4 months of the phone being available) something would have been done. 

Maybe if we make this a big enough issue, then maybe RIM will decide to make a comment, or even attempt to fix this problem.

Oh well, all the best to those who've posted thus far... And if you have experienced this issue yourself and have yet to post a comment, please do. The more the marrier. 

Cheers!

Cheers,

Michael
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I just let my IT department know.  They're going to contact our T-Mo rep in the next week or so to see what can be done.  This issue has definitely progressed for the worse over the past couple weeks for me and wasn't an issue when I first got the phone.  Wasn't a problem on my 9700 either, which I had upgraded to an OS 6 build.  But now I can't get ten words typed without it doubling up characters.  I'm about to chuck the phone out the window!

Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5
My Carrier: TELUS

Fly0nwall:

I completely agree with you bud! My device started off fine, and progressed from there.. I too want to chuck it at a wall!
Cheers,

Michael
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Look at this! There they are counting and trying to monitor the extents of the issue using manufacturer id. More over there is someone in India who got a Dead On Arrival certificate from its vendor to replace the phone by a new one because bad hardware. He is just waiting for a different batch to arrive. There is another guy who went through 4 replacements! and he is still experiencing bad keyboards.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/how-many-users-not-experiencing-double-key-input-issue-573434

http://bbindia.net/blackberry-bold-9780/3381-9780-keypad-issue.html

Knock, knock! Are you listening RIM?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

grrr, i've only had problems with a few letters (g,m,y,u mainly) but now i can't even keep track of which letters are acting up. this is so annoying! Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: bell mobility

I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO!!! WHAT THE HECK!  IT'S SO ANNOYING!  I WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN IPHONE!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Could anyone experiencing this issue please send me a private message with the following information?

Brief description/Steps to reproduce:

PIN*:
Carrier:
BlackBerry Device Software version:

I would like to investigate this further.

Thank you,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!