Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: Double(Triple??) key Input issue with 9780

Ok. They've returned my device. It's a MEXICO 4. At the beginning appeared to be more stable with the typing, but oh, no! did I mistype or there is a double letter? As soon as I started typing I could notice the error is present again. It is not as often as before and move to other letters but I'm positive that the stuttering wasn't fixed. Technical service stated they changed an 'overlay',udpated 'data' and observed 'no malfunction'. Now I have 8 days more for claim warranty on the service about same issue. What a pain the arss! A high end device with a keyboard that doesn't work as it is supposed to! RIM, RIM, RIM! Hear us! Help us!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Back on page 4, an admin asked us to pm them our BB Pin, Carrier info and BB Device software version.

While I wait for my bb to return, I request other users experiencing the issue to provide FozzyBear with the info (in a Private Message) so that data may be collected for investigation.
Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5
My Carrier: TELUS

b34n wrote:
Back on page 4, an admin asked us to pm them our BB Pin, Carrier info and BB Device software version.

While I wait for my bb to return, I request other users experiencing the issue to provide FozzyBear with the info (in a Private Message) so that data may be collected for investigation.

Agreed. This should definitely be done. Hopefully it can help RIM speed up the process in finding a fix for it.

Cheers,

Michael
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I don't know until how long and after how many people's complaint about this keyboard problem will Rim's people notice.

I guess to Rim's, out of the millions handset sold, this keyboard problems are an exceptions......so no actions from them...

It's not only happening to US, Canada or India, it's happening to phones sold in Indonesia as well in particular made in Mexico 1 and Mexico 4

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange UK

Just want to add myself to this long list of people having problems.

I have a:

Model: Bold 9780 (Hungary 2)
Pin: 2397....

Service Provider: Oranger UK

Owned from new since 28th Dec 2010.

I have had the keypad stutter since day one! Somedays its worse than others, and i see no pattern to it what-so-ever!

Along with that issue, i also have the problem that the shortcuts in text messages do not work.

When i get a new text message and i open it, instead of showing the new message, it loads up half way through the conversation list, and i have to scroll down to view the new message.

Also, when at the main screen, and going to the service status section to turn on/off connections, i can loose the blue selection bar when scrolling down. I have to come out of it, the go back in and try again.

Cant believe the problems, and i dont want to go though the hassel of exchanging phones untill i know this is rectified!

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

ross27 wrote:

When i get a new text message and i open it, instead of showing the new message, it loads up half way through the conversation list, and i have to scroll down to view the new message.

This can be fixed if you update the OS.  After upgrading to version 6.0.0.448 the SMS bug was resolved.

Bold 9780 OS 6.0.0.448
New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange UK

[ Edited ]

Thanks, i am in the process of doing an update right now! Waiting on it booting back up.

Edit:
Now on v.6.0.0.448 and text message problems seem to have been fixed.

Still double presses on typing!

My Device: 9780 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

I thought I had a case of crazy fingers when this started with my BB.

I've had my 9780 since mid December 2010.

2 or 3 days out of the box I started noticing that the "A" would repeat itself and that sometimes when I only press space bar once, it would insert a full stop and change the next letter to a capital.

Now, 3 months down the line, practically ALL the keys are repeating themselves, but not only that, other problems are arising out of the woodwork. Now, the screen also gets "stuck". I can't scroll up or down when reading an email, bbm message, or a sms. Basically no matter what I press, the screen won't change.

Rogers of course blames the problems on me.

I should attach a disclaimer to my emails "I do not have a typing impediment"

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100
My Carrier: WIND Mobile

[begin rant]

Many devices, if not ALL BlackBerries made in MEXICO are prone to failure. One way or another, those devices are low if not the lowest of all quality made blackberry devices. Devices made in Canada, USA, or Hungary have not failed or even given me the slightest of troubles.

My New Pearl 3G was made in Mexico. It experiences this problem as well. Often it would double tap keys and because of SureType it compeltely screws the word up. RIM needs to have better manufacturing standards of devices, especially those made in MEXICO of all places. What happened to 'Made in America'?

I guess that's not possible anymore

[end rant]

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Have any recent devices been made in the US?

Bold 9780 OS 6.0.0.448