Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: STORM 9530 (.99)

Double entries in contacts?

I origanally synch with Outlook Exp. and I am getting double entries I have since changed to Outlook if I delete my current contacts(on the Storm) will only get single entries?

I hate having 2 of most enteries any ideas?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Double entries in contacts?

The BB sync software will sometimes see significant changes in a contact as a new one.  This can happen if you change the spelling of a person's name, for example.  It also has trouble recognizing that a file deleted on BB or PC should be deleted from the other device; instead, it may restore the deleted contact.

If you have a manageable number of duplicate entries, delete them manually.  If the dupes appear in both BB and Outlook, delete from both places, but, of course, make sure you're deleting the identical contacts.

If you have many errors, fix them on Outlook. Then delete all data from the Address Book on the BB, and then sync it to Outlook.

To delete all data from the Address Book: First, backup your BB data.  Then, click on Backup and Restore/Advanced, and delete all Address Book files.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9530
My Carrier: Telus

I have single entries in my Outlook but duplicate entries appear on my Storm 2. I also note that I have 2 folders

Help?

KVF
My Device: BlackBerry Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

From personal experience I can tell you that it has nothing to do with spelling.

I get double entries pretty much every time my BB syncs contacts with Gmail, whether or not I made any changes. My initial response was to delete dublicate entries. But once I did that, all the entries which dublicates I deleted disappeared from both my phone and Gmail address book.

To make matters worse, any time I add info to a contact, like an email or an additional phone number, it disappears after sync reverting to previous version of that entry.

All in all, considering all the problems it's been giving me so far, I figured I'll do my back-ups the old skool way - through a PC Smiley Happy