Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Double message

Hello,

I have the blackberry curve 9360 7.1 bundle and for the past couple of months I have been receiving double my emails. I have Hotmail on my device and when I have an email sent to me it shows in the Hotmail icon as well as the 'Messages' icon. I have to go into both icons to get rid of the new message symbol.

If I open the email in the 'messages' icon I cannot reply to the sender, I have to come out and go to my 'Hotmail' icon to actually reply. I tried deleting my Hotmail account from my device so there was no longer a Hotmail icon but still emails would be received to my 'Messages' icon.

Any ideas how to stop this as it is driving me crazy!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Double message

Have you recently changed SIM cards on your phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.

I went to Australia 7 months ago so unlocked my phone and used a local sim card to them.

I am now back in the UK and have put my orange sim card back in.

Super Contributor

Can you confirm if this problem has been happening since you have returned from Australia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.

Yes it is still an issue.

Super Contributor

I dont think you got what I was trying to ask. Please confirm since when you have been facing this problem:

• Since you inserted the Australian SIM card in your phone
    OR
  • Since you came to UK and reinserted your Orange SIM card.

Sorry, the issue started when i reinserted my orange sim card when I returned from Australia.

Super Contributor

Also confirm, until when is the BIS subscription on you Australian SIM card active.

Such a problem is noticed when, you activate BIS services on two different SIM cards from the same device. There is a chance that the Australian cellualr operator has linked your device pin to the BIS account set up on their network. You can turn this off, if you have the user ID and password to the BIS account set up in Australia.

The problem should go away by itself once the BIS services on the AUstralian SIM card expire. In case the problem doesnt end, backup (full backup) your device using the Blackberry Desktop software, do a security wipe to the factory settings and restore your backup.

Highlighted

Ok thank you.

To do the full back up do I need to blackberry desktop manager? Or can I do it on the device itself?

Super Contributor

You will need the blackberry desktop manager