Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Verizon BlackBerry Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

Dowload interrupted - how to re-download

Hi,

I was trying to download an app (OpenTable's free restaurant reservation app) on my BB Tour, when I received a phone call, and my download was interrupted.  I tried to re-download the app, but I can't seem to do so.  The "Download' button is missing from the app page now.  When I go to the "My World" page, it lists the app "OpenTable" and the status is "starting to download," but it's stuck in this phase, and won't actually finish downloading.  The menu doesn't allow me to delete the app and re-download it.  I have rebooted my device and re-installed BB App World, but neither worked.

Thanks!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Dowload interrupted - how to re-download

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Another user has found a solution to this problem and posted it in these forums...it is to clear the application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and press "RST"

3b. For Storm -- Hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit "34("

3a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Re: Download interrupted - how to re-download

Hi,

I went to My World and hit ALT - RIGHT SHIFT - DEL for a restart, and still the same result.  On the My World page, the OpenTable app remains in the "starting download" phase.  I have pulled the battery out as well for a manual restart, as well as deleting and re-installing BB App World itself.  Still, the OpenTable app remains in the "starting download" phase. 

Any other advice?

Thanks so much.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sorry...the sequence is -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks so much!  It worked.