02-25-2013 02:56 AM
I am having trouble installing the software on the handset (Blackberry Bold 9000) !
I am unable to install 3rd part applications and get an error message stating something like Download Failed: 910 Application authorization failure.
The handset was purchased on a well known auction site as manufacturer refurbished Grade A and it seems the original owner has installed some IT policy security or similar against instally 3rd party apps for which I would like to install some ! I've never had this problem on oither Blackberry handsets i've had !!
Can anyone out there help resolve this issue !!
Hope someone can help cos i've tried everything even to the extent of wiping the handset to factory settings !!
Many thanks in anticipation of a swift resolution to my problem.
02-25-2013 09:24 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Given your result, you likely have indeed not completed the process of cleansing the IT Policy from your BB...it can be done, but you must be very careful.
1) To start, make sure that you have the Desktop Software installed to your PC:
2) Now, make sure that only one of the following is true (only applies to PC, not to MAC):
3) Next, take a full backup of your BB via the Desktop Software...instructions and other important information are in the link in my auto-sig on this post.
4) Now, use the Desktop Software to conduct the ResetToFactory:
5) Next, conduct a selective restore to your BB, but only those critical databases, especially bypassing any that have to do with IT Policy:
Now continue on, and ensure your services are working, and validate that you can now install 3rd party apps. You will need to reinstall your apps as well, so the steps provided in the backup process will help you now.