Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Download Icon won't go away

I have the new Tour model and I have a little download icon (white circle, black fill with a white arrow pointing down and to the left and a red star) with a number 1 next to it displaying at the top of my home screen.  I have checked all my apps and folders and I don't have anything waiting to download.  I rebooted thinking that something I had installed was waiting for a restart to download something else.   Nothing I do seems to get this to go away.  Anyone have any ideas?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Download Icon won't go away

Welcome to the forums csides Smiley Happy

I believe that icon is for blackberry app world. It means that one of the apps you downloaded previously has an update/upgrade available. I can't confirm this since I don't use app world, but that is what I have read previously. Somebody will confirm this soon enough I'm sure.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I think you are correct.  I had downloaded something from appworld and did have a notification that an update was available and got it.  But the icon just wouldn't go away.  I even tried a hard boot taking the battery out and it was still there.  So I just tried a soft boot using the alt-shift-del key method and the icon went away!

Thank you for the feedback.

Highlighted
New Contributor

What did it for me was finding the unread message in my inbox and marking it read.