Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Download Old Emails onto BlackBerry with IMAP

I just got a BB Curve 8330 on Sprint and set up my IMAP email account. I'm on a Mac, and PocketMac doesn't have a useful way of getting my mails from Mail.app onto my BlackBerry. My BB works great whenever I get a new emails: it shows up on the BB before it shows up on the computer. My problem, however, is that I want all of my old emails and folders to get downloaded onto my BB. Because of my previous experiences with IMAP, I thought that when they were linked the BB would automatically download all of these emails and folders onto to, but I haven't been able get it to do so or find any answers online. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you have solved it. Nothing I seem to do works.

Thanks. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Download Old Emails onto BlackBerry with IMAP

not possible unless you forward all your emails to yourself

BB will only capture whats new from the time you integrate the email account to your BB

New Contributor

Oh well, I guess the iPhone wins again...
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I forwarded all my emails to myself, would I then have to put each one back into a folder?

Also, if I were to set up my IMAP email account on Microsoft Outlook and then sync my BB with it, would it then copy my emails over?

Thanks again. 

Message Edited by voiceofcraig on 06-13-2009 01:21 AM
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

yes, and they would also be from you, not from the original recipient