Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: ATT

'Download failed' 970 error?

Hello all, Hoping you can please assist me as I'm new to this entire Blackberry experience. I have attempted to install third-party apps on my 8520, and have received the same error with each attempt. "Download failed" Details: 970 -- missing file. This has occured with multiple apps, so I first thought the first couple of files must've been corrupted, as they were older. However, I just tried installing the new Dropbox for BB, and the same error arose. Now I know something is wrong and I'm simply unable to install any apps. Just a few others I've attempted include: Blackbird, Caller-ID reader, and Openbeak. Thanks for any suggestions.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 'Download failed' 970 error?

Yesterday, I got the 907 download failed noticed when trying the DropBox download, for the first three attempts. Then it worked on the fourth... so in most cases, keep trying. That is usually an overcrowded server problem (the server hosting the download).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: ATT

Re: 'Download failed' 907 error?

Been receiving the same error all day with numerous attempts. I've cleared the browser cache and rebooted endless times. Still receive 907 error with the Dropbox installation and with other apps as well. I've verified that there is no security policy preventing installations of third-party apps. Also, verified no password is required as per security settings.