Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

Downloadable maps

Sorry to start yet another maps thread, but this is slightly different. Accepting that BB Maps is a no go for the moment on the Bold (is it any good anyway?) and have got Google Maps working with GPS, is there any product to purchase with pre-installed maps (on a micro SD card) that also includes speed camera locations. Prefer pre-installed so it don't blow my data plan out of the water.

I am on Orange UK btw

Kevin

Blackberry Bold 9000
Twitter thingy Kevin_Walsh
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Downloadable maps

In BlackBerry any application can't be installed in media card. All apps have to installed in flash memory. Well I'm not aware about availability of speed camera location info in map. You can have a search in Google mentioning you location.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

Not looking for the app to run from the SD card, just the map data to be resident there, save having to download the maps over wireless and incurr charges

Kevin

Blackberry Bold 9000
Twitter thingy Kevin_Walsh
Elite II

I understand your point. But till date I didn't come across such an application. I will let you know if I find anything.

tanzim                                                                                  

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure but there's an app called amAze on the Blackberry mobile website. Could that help you?

Out of interest how did you get Google maps to use the GPS? It doesn't seem to be hooked into mine...

Will let you know if I see a suitable app for you>

J

Elite II

All of my GPS enables BlackBerry worked fine with Google Maps.

For first connection go to open air -> then Options - Advanced Options - GPS - clcik Menu - select Refresh GPS. After getting Latitud, Longitude Fix time, Number os Satellites and Accuracy go to Google Maps and turn it on. Now move with the device in any direction untill you see and blinking arrow on the screen.

tanzim                                                                                  

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

orange really dissapoints me. Even googlemap cannot work properly. GPS and googlemap works fine. The problem is when you zoom in, googlemap doesn't load map data for zoomed area.

So either orange set restriction on network or googlemap cannot fully support bold 9000.

I can't understand why orange block BB map. Their own orange map also does not support bold 9000.