Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Downloaded App World but cannot find to run on 8900

Hi all

I have tried to re-install the latest version of the app store direct from the blackberry website.  It installs fine and the phone reboots itself as it should.  However, I can't find a shortcut anywhere to run the app store from.  No icon appears in my downloads, and nothing appears on the home/menu screens.

Can anyone please advise?  By going to the options, advanced options, applications - i can see that the app is installed (version 1.1.0.15).

For info, I am running the 8900 on Orange UK.

Thanks for any help and guidance.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Downloaded App World but cannot find to run on 8900

I would suggest that you try removing the application from options/advanced options/applications menu button remove and reinstalling the application. I have heard of this happening before

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice, I have tried this already but with no success.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

home screen >> options >> themes

somewhere there is an option to reset the position of your icons on the home screen. Hopefully you'll see the icon you are looking for.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

I have the same problem.  How can I find the app?

How can I access the memory (card)?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

asdf wrote:

I have the same problem.  How can I find the app?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Can you clarify please? There are a number of suggested actions in this thread...please tell us your results from those attempts. And also provide a complete description of your precise issue.

asdf wrote:

How can I access the memory (card)?

"Access" -- as in what exactly? To explore it, simply go into the Media app and then press the BBKey and select Explore.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................