Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Downloaded application which won't let my phone start!

I downloaded an application from blackberry app world today on 29/01/2012 and after the installation the phone rebooted on its own and keeps rebooting and won't let the phone start up and this is causing alot of problems for me as i need to use my phone. I trust the appworld and all the apps as its licensed and registered and thats why i trust all apps, Please can Rim or Blackberry help me with my problem Please

If this problem isnt resolved i will resort to  buy a new phone maybe an android or iPhone (eventhough Blackberry is my favorite) Please help me thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Downloaded application which won't let my phone start!

Remove your battery then replace it.  As soon as you do, hold the Escape key (the back arrow) while your phone reboots.  Don't let go of it until your phone has completely rebooted.  This will start your phone in Safe Mode.  If your phone reboots properly, you should then be able to uninstall that app.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

hello i just tried that and it was unseucessful as it only got to the BLACKBERRY

Then the screen goes black and the red led comes on and it starts rebooting agen Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I am having the exact problem that you outlined. This happened to me this morning and it seems to be stuck in the reboot phase. The reboot line goes to 3/4 of the way and then starts over again. I've been without my phone all day! Just went to the store where I bought my phone and they weren't able to help me. Have called my provider who also couldn't help me and they have been trying to contact RIM without success. Let's hope they fix this without having to send away the phone for repair.

Contributor

Problem is that i need the pgone urgently and it isnt working and safe mode doesnt seem to work
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Clapham Junction

[ Edited ]

If your problem is:

"JVM Error 517     Reset"     as mine is,  ... ...

... ... it would appear from this e-page below that your mobile is dead:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19442