Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800

Downloading Chinese language for Torch 9800 on Mac

Hi 

i just got the torch a couple days ago in canada. the phone is from at&t and it is unlocked. i used a mac and been search all around the internet to input chinese into the phone. can anyone please help me? thanks a lot 

King_lau 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Downloading Chinese language for Torch 9800 on Mac

Hello King_lau and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Language support packages are determined by the wireless service provider. You will have to contact AT&T (the branded carrier for the device) and inquire if this is a language they support for installation.

If they do support the language package, check out KB19937 which talks about how to add applications/language packages using a Mac and Desktop Manager.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: M1

Hi there.

It is not determined by the network carrier if you wish to add/remove language from your BB. I am a MAC user and using Torch as well over here in Singapore.

Apparently Blackberry is build under more towards Window Based apps. They do not have any language pack ready for MAC at all.

You have no choice might want to use one of your friend's PC to upgrade and install the Chinese input into your Torch.

WARNING : after upgraded I am unable to send photo via BBM or even upload photo via FB.

Cheers

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch

Hi Seanmak

May i know the URL link for download the software for input chinese character or view chinese character. I have try all the version ( inclusive asia and  multi language) , yet it still cannot reat chinese character. This is the 1st time i using blackbeery.  Good design n esi to use for this Phone , but sadly is, very poor / lack of support, dun they know lot ppl are using chinese software?

Thanks and regards

michael