Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Downloading New Applications

I want to download a couple of applications to my device.  I'm on the 8130 Pearl and I'm still relatively new to this whole process.  I understand I can go to the Blackberry website to get the application, as that's where it is, and I can download it.  Do I need to download it to both my laptop, which is at home, and my desktop, which is at work? Or can I just manage it from one of them?  I'm still very tentative about all this techology so I'm not really sure what I'm doing here.  I understand I then manage the application through DTM right?  Is there anything else I need to do once I download the application?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Franci

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Downloading New Applications

Hi Franci

Before you can manage from either your laptop or pc but you must download and install the Desktop and Device Software to the computer you're using. If you use both then, install to both. Remember to install both peices of software.

Unless you have admin rights at work, you may have to get IT to install to your work pc.

BlackBerry Device and Desktop SoftwareBlackBerry Device and Desktop Software

Once this software is installed, you can  download your applications and then install them to your berry.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Downloading New Applications

Thank you very much.

I will do this and get the applications loaded.

Franci