Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att
Accepted Solution

Downloading Playbook's Destop manager 6.1.0.B38 but 6.1.0.36 installs?

I don't get this.  Something is really strange here.  I am downloading the latest version of the PC - Blackberry Playbook's Desktop Manager which is Version 6.1.0.B38 and that is the name of the zip file that does download.  But the version that installs is version 6.1.0.36.  As I watch it install, for a split second I can see that the correct version is installing because there are more visible features but immediately it goes back down to the past version. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled severl times now and rebooting in-between so I have no idea what's going on.  Could I possibly have a virus?  Whatever is happening, I can still sync the tablet and attempt a backup but it always stops claiming simply that there was a problem completing the back up.  So it fails!  I'm thining virus, what about you?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Downloading Playbook's Destop manager 6.1.0.B38 but 6.1.0.36 installs?

Hello Ripley2010,

You have the correct version installed BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.1.0.36, if you go into about BlackBerry® Desktop Software you well see Release November 7, 2011 (Bundle 38).

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att

Re: Downloading Playbook's Destop manager 6.1.0.B38 but 6.1.0.36 installs?

Thank you.  Yes, I am familiar with the "about... version" method but the confusion was that not only does the software claim it's the 6.1.0.B38 version, the support tech on the phone (after reading this stated version back to him after being asked) claimed (and had me download) the "newer version" as he called it, which was this 6.1.0.B38.  I guess that is just some kind of typo.  I hope someone in the support department let's him in on this so he doesn't confuse anyone else.

Thanks for clairying.  Problem solved