Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Downloading contacts to PC

How do i downlad all contacts from BB to PC. My BB gets hung all the time. Cant trust it no more. Need to save contacts  ( once my BB comes back to life and is dead now )

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Downloading contacts to PC

Hi Dips2406,

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a computer that has BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.

For a backup of the data on a BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:  

1. Click on Device from the upper left-hand corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Back up from the drop-down list, or simply click Back Up Now from the main screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. Mark the appropriate customization level ( Full, Quick, Custom).
  3. If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the  Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
  4. Input a file name if desired, or leave the default text.
  5. Leave the  Encrypt backup file unchecked.
  6. Select Back up.

You can find the details on the below knowldgebase article -

• KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit