Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Drafts in inbox

Hey everyone

I don't think this is an issue with the 8900 specifically, that's just the device I'm noticing the problem on...

I'm using gmail on my blackberry and on my computer (macbook).

On my mac, I use Apple Mail as mail-application with gmail configured as imap.

When I'm typing a mail on my mac, the application will auto-save the draft on gmail.

And that's where it goes wrong....

Every time a new version of a draft is pushed out to gmail (that's about every minute), that message ends up in my inbox on my blackberry...

I've tested this with Thunderbird as well, it doesn't auto-save while typing the message, but when you close and choose to save the draft, it goes to the inbox on my blackberry as well.

I've had a couple of blackberries in the past, with the same mail and computer setup, and have never had a problem with this. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the new gmail plugin on my device, removing and re-adding my gmail-address from my BES account, but that doens't seem to help.

Anyone else having trouble with this? Any ideas?

PS: making a rule to not forward mail coming from my own address would solve this, but I never had this issue in the past and in the past I didn't have that filter either 

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Drafts in inbox

I think you're just lucky and don't know it  Smiley Happy

Could be your old setup did have the full gmail sync to your device, that it does now... and your drafts must be saving to your inbox or a drafts folder that is autosyncing to the device.

Where are your drafts set to save?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 Vodafone UK

Create a filter to stop sent emails on laptop appearing in BlackBerry inbox… Go into the Setup folder on your BlackBerry device, and then Email Settings. Log in here, and then press the Blackberry key, followed by Filters. “Add Filter” Call the new filter "ME" or something like that. Apply filter should be "From field" and in "contains" type your Gmail email address. Then select "Do not forward messages to my device". The reason this is happening is that Gmail email uses the Google Mail interface, which tags "Sent" emails to conversations and stores them in your inbox.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same issue. I type an email for 5 mins and end up with 6/7 copies of it along the way in my inbox...

I do not want to filter out my email address from appearing on my phone. This is not a fix but a work around.

This will cause me issues when i send myself emails.

I frequently email pictures/documents from my phone to my email address so that i can access them online or vice versa so i can have them on my phone.

Anyone else have another solution? I am going to try to turn off the draft saving on my mail application.

New Contributor

If you go to your Mail->Preferences->Accounts Then at the top there will be a setting for your Draft messages to be saved on the server. When i un-checked this option i sent myself a long email consisting of several different lines and it did not send me any drafts.

It seems to have fixed ti and i will update if i run into any more problems with it.

I'm pretty sure the reason for this problem is that you have an additional email address hooked up to your BB that is NOT a gmail account. I think the Gmail plugin doesn't function properly when you have non-gmail email addresses on your phone. When I removed the non-gmail email addresss, it worked exactly as it should (no multiple copies of drafts in my inbox). Unfortunately, this doesn't really solve your problem, just figured I'd give you a head's up to what I think I discovered.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Comcel - Colombia

You can choose a local folder to save your drafts in thunderbird to avoid that.
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

I'm having the same problem, 2 years later. the BB inbox seems to sync with the drafts and inbox, and not just the inbox. Any idea how to fix this? Im using gmail and thunderbird 6 and bb os 6 on my 9780.