Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Driver for 9780

Good morning all. Can anyone tell me where to find the driver for the new 9780..... when I connect to my computer nothing happens at all..... it does not seem to be seeing it.....

It works with my Netbook just fine but not with my pc.

Help anyone please and thanks

Cynthia

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Driver for 9780

Ensure the usb cable and usb port are working.

If the phone starts charging when it is connected, it means the cable and usb port is functional.

If the phone is still not recognised but is charging, go to control panel and add/remove programs, click Blackberry Desktop Manager and repair it. This should solve the problem.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor

Many thanks for your reply.

The two USB ports are not working at all with the BB but do work just fine with my web cam.

When I plug the phone in nothing happens at all.... no charging or anything and nothing on screen.

I have no BB desktop Manager in my programs either.....so do I have to download that.??

I have BB Desktop software which has the stuff from my old 9000 BB and I am trying to transfer from there to my new BB 9780

duh thought it was simple to get an upgraded phone but proving not to be so.

Cynthia x

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Download the latest Desktop Manager from here: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Switching your device is simple.

Is your 9000 able to connect to your computer?

You mentioned the 2 usb ports are able to run webcam but not your 9780, is the cable for your phone working?

Because if there is a software driver issue, your phone should still start charging. Try a different micro-usb cable to connect your phone. Blackberry phones start charging as soon as they get connected to computers. If there is a problem, you will get a notification that your phone is not able to charge.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor

Nope nothing works.

Have downloaded Desktop software again, removed battery from 9780 and started again...

tried another cable as I have a phone waiting to go back to Vodaphone.... no luck.

The cable from the 9000 does not fit the 9780.

the cable must be working as it all works fine on my netbook.

Both USBs that I have tried are also working with other stuff..... so lost now..... just have to accept it does not work I think

Thanks again for trting

Cynthia x

Contributor

oops that was thanks for trying lol xx

Contributor

Forgot to say the phone will not charge either...... but the old 9000 will..... so the USB must be fine...

x

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Read this post for tips and help to connect your device to Desktop Manager:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...

**********For a Clean uninstall of Desktop Manager
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Many thanks J Sanders for your help.... that worked well almost..... my Desktop software now recognises my BB.... pictures and organiser synched ok but music wont for some reason or other - something to do with wireless synching but I will sort that out I think..

BUT I am happy now..... so thanks again for all your help everyone

you are the best

Have good day all

Cynthia x

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

is there a chance your music digital rights protected, such as purchased from iTunes?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code