Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Driver not found Windows XP Blackberry 8330

I have installed and uninstalled the Desktop Manager numerous times.  When I attach phone thru USB cord it won't detect driver. 

I am running this on Windows XP, I only want to be able to transfer music files from computer to the phone.  I have a 2nd computer running same Windows XP and it works on that computer, unfortunately all my music is on the one that doesn't detect the phone.  I have spend hours on the phone with Sprint/Blackberry support but they can't figure it out.

HELP.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330 OS 4.5.0.77

Re: Driver not found Windows XP Blackberry 8330

its no help at all probably, but would it be possible to transfer music to cds, or a thumb drive, then to the pc that decects the phone?
New Contributor

That's not the solution I'm looking for.  I want to be able to use my computer that has the 2,000+ songs on it, not transfer songs from one computer to the other.  I see that lots of people have same problem, computer not recognizing the BB when attached to USB, not being able to download the driver.
Trusted Contributor

well, if you see that others have had the same problem, what solutions are presented there?
New Contributor

I have searched and read numerous posts and have not seen an answer that worked.  Can I just download the driver so the computer recognized BB?  I don't need the BB Manager, just want to transfer music files into the phone.
Trusted Contributor

i dont see why you couldnt be able to download the driver...but im not to sure how.  sorry im no help here,  i waited to see if others would post solutions, but no luck..

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

gymratdoug wrote:
I have searched and read numerous posts and have not seen an answer that worked.

Is this a joke ?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware
second discussion, entitled "HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I did exactly what you suggested.  When I connected BB the "FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD"  for RIM Composite Device pops up.  It reads "If your hardware came with a CD  or floppy, insert now".  It then asks to choose:  1) Install software automatically (recommended) or 2) Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).

I tried option 1 and it can't locate necessary software.

My USB connections works with other things (card readers, storage drive, etc)

Now what?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you did not do as I suggested: The first part of my FAQ was about installing the drivers manually, without connecting the device to your PC.

If Windows later asks you for the drivers, it means that somewhere, something went wrong during the installation process. If you tell us where exactly, as well as the exact error message, we can help you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

[ Edited ]

This should be what you're looking for:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=qc8zAh34rQllRPyyvtdsYg** 

Select "Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers" from the drop down list.  

Select the ENG version
 Fill out the form on the next page and then begin the download.  
Message Edited by wooch on 01-18-2009 01:47 PM