Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Rob
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dropped it in the Loo!!!!!

Now can only get red light when on charge then screen shows battery icon with lighting flash! Have I lost my BB or can you help please it would be appreciated

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Dropped it in the Loo!!!!!

Your best hope is to open up your phone, take out the battery, and put all pieces in a ziploc bag with some rice in it.

Leave it this way, without opening it, for about four days. Yes, I know it is impossible to be without your phone for four days, but try Smiley Happy

After that time, take everything out, and give it a try. Might need charging. If this doesn't work, I'm afraid you've probably got some permanent damage that can't be fixed.

Rob
New Contributor

Seems like I should have flushed toilet before getting it out!! aaaaaaaaaaah! Thanks Joe
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

It's probalby also best to not tell people you're using a phone that was dropped in the loo.  People tend to shy away from this type of individual.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Rob
New Contributor

Thanks Bill .... I will "bare" that in mind