Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Dual Sim Card Adapter

I have an unlocked Bold, has anybody tried using a dual sim adapter? If so, what brand/type did you have sucess with?
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dual Sim Card Adapter

Hi P

Have a look at http://vimeo.com/2749701 seems to work well

if you have any feed about the dual sim & Storm, please let me know..

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I would also be interessted in using storm with 2 sim cards.

My Device: BOld 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I ordered the dang thing from SIMORE.US and it was $90 for the platinum.  I figured I wanted the best one.  No way in heck does that thing work as advertised.  The Bold 9000 slot is simpy too narrow to fit the chip with both SIMS piggybacked.  I bent the heck out of the thing trying to jam it in there and I sent it back to the manufacturer and will probably lose my $90 after they see how bent up it is.  I've opened a dispute on Paypal over false advertisement.

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: NTT Docomo

Were you able to get your money back?

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Take my advice and avoid like the plague. I tried the Simore Platinum in a Bold 9000 and broke both SIMs trying to squeeze it into the phone. Simore technical support were slow and positively unhelpful. I sent the unit back and they said I'd broken it - but I have no evidence/proof that it worked when I received it. They refused a refund. I think it is virtually a scam.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: International carier

Re: Dual Sim Card Adapter - SIMORE DUAL SIMs is like a Virtual SCAM

I have Bold 9700 and wanted dual sims capability.  Ordered Plantinum from SIMORE thinking it's a good company from Switzerland.  Sales people said it would work with my Bold 9700 after long distance phone conversation.  Since the beginning, nothing worked.  Cut many sims and wasted close to $20 US dollars of replacements.  The agonies were unbearable.  So gave up thinking that I was not doing things correctly. I got emails to prove my communication with SIMORE over a year span.  They told me the same thing over and over: cut and sand the sims and that the contacts are not touching.

Just a week ago, I got the urge of trying to make sim Platinum work.  So I emailed support at SiMORE.  They came back with the notion that they will replace my Platinum with a new technology called Infinite.  So I agreed.  But later they came back that I have to purchase the Platinum again and they will replace it with the Infinite.  I am beyond upset.  I was so patient with them, but somehow they do not feel their clients are worth keeping or even honor their product.  

I have never seen a company who doesn't honor its commitment.  This is a first.  I only wanted the technology to work as promised by the company before purchasing. Now I have something that doesn't work and no support from the company that promised that it will work on my Bold 9700.

Do not work with this company.  You will be disappointed like I am.  Enclosed is my last email with Simore:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message.

Further to your request, we inform you that your order number 32543 correspond to a Simore Infinite for 79.90€.

For that reason, this order has been cancelled by our support.

To obtain a Simore Infinite for the price of a Simore Platinum, please find the procedure below :

Place a new order of a Simore Platinum into our web site [url=http://www.simore.ch]Double Carte SIM - Dispositif Intelligent d'Extension SIM[/url].

During your order procedure, thanks to indicate in the customer remark area :

“Ref N° PP23/575 Test for Blackberry Bold 9700 Simore Infinite against Platinum”

The product that you have to order is a Simore Platinum.

As discuss we will provide you a Simore infinite as soon as we will receive your payment.

With our best regards,

Simore Support.
[url=http://www.simore.ch]Double Carte SIM - Dispositif Intelligent d'Extension SIM[/url]

Envoyé : mercredi, 20. avril 2011 16:10
À : [email]info@simore.ch[/email]
Objet : Fw: Simore - Order: 32543

Simore Support:

Had a bit of a problem trying to order without using a credit card.  Enclosed is the email from your automatic ordering system.  Do not know if the correct instruction was followed, but this is all I could come up.  I tried to include the following statement in the comment section as well.

“Ref N° PP23/575 Test for Blackberry Bold 9700 Simore Infinite against Platinum "

Please let me know if there is anything else I may need to do to obtain the working Infinite product for my Blackberry Bold 9700.

Thank you,