04-02-2008 11:50 AM
04-02-2008 02:24 PM
While not specific to the Pearl, it could be a device database corruption. Two potential resolutions:
1) Corrupt sync data: Open the Desktop Manager > Open Synchronize > Click Configuration Tab > Click Reset Configuration.
Close and Reopen the Desktop Manager, then resetup your sync settings with Outlook.
If the issue persists, repeat step 1 and:
2) Clear the calendar database on the BlackBerry: Hook up your BlackBerry > Open Backup & Restore > Click on Advanced.
Locate Calendar and Calendar All in the list under Device Database, on the right. Highlight them, and click the Clear button below the list. You may need to press clear several times, repeat till there are no entries.
Resetup your sync, and synchronize.
05-06-2008 11:00 AM
I have a new Curve 8310 and am having the same problem. I have used an iPaq for years and have never had this problem. I went to a "smartphone" to try to eliminate having to carry both devices. I am very disappointed.
I hope a fix comes out soon or I may return this phone for something more reliable.
05-06-2008 02:12 PM
LOL... I guess I should have treated the Curve like an iPaq. I tried a hard reset on it, and the duplicates are gone. I am suprised, however, that a hard reset did not put the Blackberry itself back to the way it was when it came out of the box. My applications and data are all still there. On an iPaq, I'd call that a soft reset instead.
First the Palm OS, then Windows Mobile and now the RIM OS. I guess I've just got one more I need to learn about now. That's technology for ya.