Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Duplicate Calender Entries

Hi. I seem to have double calendar entries on my BB. Done some checking at it looks like this is as a result of 2 'desktop' sync profiles that exist.

As I cannot delete a calendar sync profile om the device can one of you do this on the bes server?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

try going to main menu -> options -> advanced options -> standard services -> agenda (CICAL) from desktop to some personal account that you don't use any calendar service with.

Then re-sync.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I go to this menu CICAL and the other all have 2 identical entries for Desktop, I also have Facebook. I have made the change for 'Facebook' to be active and the Blackberry has been churning away changing my calendar, but nothing seems to have changed. When I look in Calendar options, I still see 2 desktops and facebook.

I have now gone back and put CICAL back to Desktop (the first one) and it seems some of my entries in outlook have disappeared. I can put them back by editing them on the blackberry and resyncing.

As you can see all very peculiar..

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Duplicate Calender Entries

Neither of the duplicate appointment are recurring, they are simply on overhand of the BES server thinking it is talking to exchange account and or 2 devices. What I think happens when I enter a new appointment on the BB, it replicated to Exchange correctly, but then the BES server replicates it again and I end up with another copy.

It is very confusing, when I deleted the second appointment is deletes both, but when I change something inside the appointment (location) is seems to only change one of them.

I think the same is the case with the address book. I have spent an hour deduping my 640 address book entries by consistently removing the 2nd entry only to find that I now have 240 associated with one 'Desktop' sync profile (which corresponds to outlook) and one with 398 entries (which are NO LONGER in Outlook.