Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Duplicate Emails

I forward all my work email to gmail because the web-based service at work is terrible. So when I receive forwarded emails from my work account in gmail, I can respond using my work email address. Brilliant. I want the capability to use this sending address on my BB, however, by synching both accounts, I get duplicate messages from my work account on my BB. Is there any way to simply not recieve messages from sync-ed accounts, but still have the ability to send from them? Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Duplicate Emails

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I believe that the default filter is what you need:

• KB04389 Change the default filter action when no filters exist in your BlackBerry Internet Service account

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

great! this does the trick... I now only receive one email on my BB. However, if an email is sent to my work email, and then redirected to gmail and my BB, my BB only seems to let me respond from my gmail account. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Ummm...but, from your first post, I thought that was working? Did it stop working when you put in the filter. Because the filter should have absolutely no effect on that...strange...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

very odd. it even seems to let me choose a sending address if I want to forward the email, but not if I want to reply to it!?!? Tried a battery pull. no luck.

Hall of Famer III

Oh now I'm totally confused...what, exactly, used to work that is not working now?

New Contributor

ok sorry for the confusion. Recap: two email accounts. 1 terrible work account forwarded to my gmail account. Both connected to my bb. I don't want duplicate emails, so I was filtering out the work email account completely. However when I would recieve an email from the work account via gmail, I could only reply using gmail.

I think I've got it figured out now - I removed the filter from the work email, and filtered out the work email from my gmail. So now when I get a work email it comes straight from the source and I can reply using that address. Brilliant!! Thanks for all your help!

Hall of Famer III

Excellent...enjoy!