Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: smart

Re: Duplicate Pictures

i havent tried the solution posted because if I try to delete one of the duplicates. the original file is also deleted..

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have no idea. I'd make a backup, copy the image files a separate folder on the PC or even a flash drive and then delete the duplicates,

I don't know what is causing this and haven't been able to duplicate the issue.

Another suggestion would be to call your mobile provider technical support and seek assistance by reporting this issue.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

JSanders wrote:

geraintpaulps wrote:

i have a similar problem with my curve. i only have 1 photo i took using the built in camera. i created a new folder in the media card. when i transferred(copey-paste/move) the photo to the new folder, it will show at least 3 more identical photo.sometimes it would show at most 5 identical photos.  any help yet?

did you see the post just above yours?

Have you tried that link?  I noticed that poster has *one* post in the forums and they spelled duplicate wrong.  Seems like a malware/phishing troll to me.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement, either ("Someone told me about...") 

Report that post and link to the moderators and let them deal with whatever it is.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: smart

thanks to everyone. i didnt try the link provided cause it would delete all the files(original and duplicate). but i did find a solution. i would have to copy it back to a computer and copy it back to the phone(which beats the purpose of keeping the file on the phone).well..thanks anyway

I thought was what I recommended here:

JSanders wrote:

I'd make a backup, copy the image files a separate folder on the PC or even a flash drive and then delete the duplicates,

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates