Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Duplicate emails from Microsoft Exchange account

Every email that I get sent to me on my Storm, I get twice.  And every time i open up an email in Outlook on my computer, it gets sent to my phone again.  So I will get some emails forwarded to my phone between 4 and 5 times.  I could open up an email from two weeks ago on my computer, and it gets sent to my phone as in i had just received the email. 
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Duplicate emails from Microsoft Exchange account

Hi and welcome to the forums!

There are multiple reasons this occurs. Use the attached article

for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13528&sliceId=2&docTy...
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

This article doesn't help me.  I have a Storm and the atricle/screen shots don't apply to my device.

My problem:   I added an "Other email" type in my BB device.  The email is an Outlook exchange email.  I entered the IMAP server name manually in the BB device when I set this up.  I get duplicate emails on my BB whenever someone sends me an email.

The referenced article seems to say I need to change my server to POP from IMAP, but when I follow the links there is no instructions on how to do that on a Storm.  I have gone back into my BB email settings and don't see anyway to change to a POP setting. 

I need specific Storm help on how to get rid of these duplicate emails please.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You say your email is Exchange...do you have BES? From what you describe, it sounds as if you using OWA and BIS. If your firm has BES, you shold shift to that as it will provide you the full richness of OTA synching. And, do you also have the desktop redirector running? No matter what method you are using, be sure you are using just one method...two methods of retrieving email will result in duplicates.

What the referenced article provides is multiple potential reasons and solutions...but it seems that none of those work for your situation. Correct?

BTW -- Changing between POP and IMAP is not a matter of the device nor BIS...rather, it's a matter of the server to which you "point" BIS. (POP vs IMAP is irrelevant if you are on BES.) To change from one to the other, you need to get, from the admins of the servers, the address of the server you want to point BIS to...BIS will detect what type the server is (POP or IMAP) and act accordingly.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................