Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Duplicate entries in Media Application

I originally put several ringtones on my phone in device memory.  I then installed a Media Card and moved the tones from the device memory to the media card.  Now when I open the media application and look at My Ringtones, there are two entries, one for the ringtone on the media card and one for the ringtone in device memory, only it isn't there anymore, and if I try to play it, there is nothing. I tried several searches on several forums and have not found any kind of answer, so I decided to post here.

How do I get rid of the entries in the Media Application showing ringtones I have deleted?

I appreciate the help as I am still learning my 8310.

GClarke

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Duplicate entries in Media Application

Well I had the exact same problem...funny thing is, after I saw this post, and noticed no replies after searching forever online, I got it fixed.

The Steps I Did:

1.) Connected BB To PC and started Desktop Manager

2.) Started Media Manager

3.) I made sure that every single ringtone was removed both from the media card and the device itself.

4.) Went up to file and hit exit the proper way.

5.) Let Desktop Manager Refresh

6.) Exit Desktop Manager, Un-plug phone, wait for PC to refresh.

7.) Plug Phone back in, repeat steps 1-6

8.) Now, shut down your phone (Don't even go into your media yet during this process)

9.) Pull the battery so the phone resets and let it boot.

10.) Re-Add Ringtones as previously mentioned straight into your media card 

10.) It fixed my problem, hope it fixes yours.