Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Z10, PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Duplicate entries in the menu - how do I edit?

I have installed two apps: Vlingo and Navita.

In the menu for, say... text massaging, at the top I have two entries that read:"Reply with Vlingo" and two that read: "Translate with Navita". (There are several duplicates)

I uninstalled the app and then re-installed it, yet the duplicates are still there. Given that there are several entries and several programs that have these duplicate entries in the menu, they are cloggin up the menu.

How can I edit out the duplicates?

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Contributor

Re: Duplicate entries in the menu - how do I edit?

Ummmm ...

I don't think you understand that I use the phone. I am not a programmer,

New Contributor

Ok. In that case, try this. (That worked for me when I had similar problem. Ignore if you already tried this)

1) Turn off the phone

2) Remove the battary and place it again

3) Restart your phone

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello...correction:

RaviStrs wrote:

Ok. In that case, try this. (That worked for me when I had similar problem. Ignore if you already tried this)

1) Turn off the phone

2) Remove the battary and place it again

3) Restart your phone

Have the BB ON (e.g., something showing on the display, the HomeScreen would be fine) when you remove the battery. That is the cleanest hard reboot method.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I would not have posted on the forum if I had not already tried the hard-reboot.

New Contributor

Becuase it was not mentioned in your post that you tried the hard-reboot, we were trying to understand the problem to help you.

Duplicate menu problem sometime occurs becuase of the temporary objects in the memory that were not distroyed in right time.

We would not have wasted our time if you had already mentioned in your post that you tried the hard-reboot.